There is a great need to raise funds to support research which identifies the reasons for the dramatic decline in salmon numbers, mitigates against or removes these impacts, and informs policy and management solutions.
You can support the Trust by:
- Making a general donation towards the operation of the Trust, this would go towards staff costs, communication (website, newsletters, social media), attending meetings to cooperate with other conservation NGOs, influencing policy makers and scientific and education events.
- Making a donation towards a specific project: The Missing Salmon Project, Suspects Framework, Acoustic Tracking, eDNA or Aquaculture.
- Join the Salmon Club and be part of a community of like minded individuals looking to put #wildsalmonfirst.
- Join the AST Presidents Club for major donors of the Trust. If you would be interested in joining the Presidents Club, please visit the Presidents Club page.
- Leaving a legacy to our endowment fund which will secure the future of the AST and help protect the Atlantic Salmon for generations to come.
- Becoming a sponsor of The Missing Salmon Project.
- Donating lots for the AST Online Auction.
How to make a donation
There are a number of different ways you can make your donation to help support the Trust:
- Using the Donate Here button on the website: www.atlanticsalmontrust.org/donate-now/
- Making a Gift Aid donation, on which the Trust can reclaim Income Tax. This means that for every £1 you donate to us, we can claim an additional 28p from the Inland Revenue. (We can only reclaim tax from the Inland Revenue if you are a UK tax payer.)
- Making regular donations by Bankers Order (Part of the Gift Aid Donation form)
- By gifting stocks and shares to the Trust. You receive Capital Gains and personal tax relief on the value of your gift.
- By remembering the Trust in your will. A bequest to charity is free of Inheritance Tax.
- In partnership with Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques, we are able to donations of vintage or collectable fishing tackle and related items either as lifetime gifts or within legacies. Thomas Turner Fishing Antiques will work in partnership with the AST to ensure they receive a fair return for the items and also some will appear in the AST’s auctions.
Donations from Overseas
The AST is registered to take charitable donations from overseas, including America. Please contact the AST Administrator if you are based outside of the UK and would like to support the activities of the Atlantic Salmon Trust.
If you would like more information on how to make your donation please contact our Administrator Pamela Lowry or our Fundraising officer Tiggy Pettifer who will be delighted to help you.
Pamela Lowry, Administrator
Tel: 01738 310 139
Tiggy Pettifer, Fundraising Officer
Tel: 01874 731155