There is a great need to raise funds to support research which will identify the reasons for the dramatic decline in salmon numbers, mitigate or remove these impacts, and improve management practices. The AST’s 50th Anniversary in 2017 will promote the plight of the wild salmon and raise funds for research and conservation projects. An International Salmon Symposium focusing on marine issues will highlight key conservation messages which will be relayed to a Gala Dinner for 500 guests at Syon House on the 25th May 2017. You can support the Trust by:
- Making a general donation towards the operation of the Trust, this would go towards staff costs, communication (website, newsletters, social media), attending meetings to cooperate with other conservation NGOs, influencing policy makers and scientific and education events.
- Making a donation towards one of three core Programme areas: Tracking, eDNA or Aquaculture.
- Becoming a Friend of the AST for just £20 per annum. Please visit the Friends page for more information.
- In 2017 we are launching the AST Presidents Club for major donors to the Trust. If you would be interested in joining the Presidents Club, please visit the Presidents Club page.
- Leaving a legacy to our endowment fund which will secure the future of the AST and help protect the Atlantic Salmon for generations to come.
- Becoming a sponsor for the 50th Anniversary event. Sponsorship packages range from £2,500 – £50,000.
- Donating lots for the AST Online and Gala Auctions.
- Purchasing a table at the Gala Dinner.
How to make a donation
There are a number of different ways you can make your donation to help support the Trust:
- Using the Donate button
- Making a Gift Aid donation, on which the Trust can reclaim Income Tax. This means that for every £1 you donate to us, we can claim an additional 28p from the Inland Revenue. (We can only reclaim tax from the Inland Revenue if you are a UK tax payer.) Download the form as a PDF or a Word document
- Making regular donations by Bankers Order (Part of the Gift Aid Donation form) By gifting stocks and shares to the Trust. You receive Capital Gains and personal tax relief on the value of your gift.
- By remembering the Trust in your will. A bequest to charity is free of Inheritance Tax.
Donations from Overseas
The AST is registered to take charitable donations from overseas, including America. Please contact the AST Administrator if you are based outside of the UK and would like to support the activities of the Atlantic Salmon Trust.
If you would like more information on how to make your donation please contact our Administrator Pamela Lowry or our Fundraising officer Tiggy Pettifer who will be delighted to help you.
Pamela Lowry, Administrator
Tel: 0131 221 6550
Tiggy Pettifer, Fundraising Officer
Tel: 01874 731155